1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Intellimouse optical problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by surfnet, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfnet

surfnet Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought Intellimouse optical yesterday. I installed the software. I prefer using Netcape
    rather then the explorer. My mouse doesn't work that has the back and the forward on my
    mouse. I clicked on explorer and It works. Which version of Netscape will I have to use for the
    back and forward?

Thanks a lot,

2. deuce

deuce

I have a Wireless Intellimous Explorer and all 5 buttons work in every program that uses a back function. A little advice: I don't use the forward button much, but do use the back. I changed the forward button to function as the close button... because I use that one a lot... works great. Back to your mouse... it is possible it doesn't work with netscape because microsoft made it... and you know how microsoft is. It really should work though, even if you are using netscape. Try upgrading to the latest version and maybe even upgrade your intellimouse software, if there is an upgrade. Also, make sure you have the correct mouse selected in the settings of your software. If you have the wrong one selected the regular left and right buttons should work without software because they are basic, standard functions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!