1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkMan_X, Aug 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarkMan_X

DarkMan_X Thread Starter

Does anyone know if microsoft will ever release a Serial version of their IntelliMouse Optical? Yes, it's sad, I only have a serial port, and nobody seems to make mice that are compatiable with it(they're all USB and/or PS/2).

------------------
    Take a mega-byte out of my mega-chip!

2. Whypick1

Whypick1

I'm not sure about this, but i think it'd be tehnologically impossible to make a Serial optical mouse. I don't thinik the Serial Port would be fast enough.

------------------
    Just remember, i could be wrong.

3. DarkMan_X

DarkMan_X Thread Starter

Well, i guess you're right. I'm thinking that it's time to face the facts. If I ever want to see an optical mouse conected to my computer, I'll have to get a new motherboard (Maybe i can throw in a new processor too!). Oh well, it's back to the days of the ol' ball in a bucket. Damn serial ports!

------------------
    Take a mega-byte out of my mega-chip!

4. LarryCore

LarryCore

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!