Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft IntelliMouse

893 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  tecumseh2k 
#1 ·
Mouse is 5-6 years old: "erratic movements"

This USB mouse runs off a 4-port BUS-powered USB Hub. Within the last week or so, the mouse jumps around erratically. I've tried it attached directly to my Sony notebook's USB with the same effect, so it does not seem to be the problem--though I am considering getting a hub with external power.

Any idea? I've got a new Logitech G3 ordered, so I can say goodbye to it if I have to...

#6 ·
DoubleHelix said:
Did you try a different mouse?
A different USB port?
The mouse on another computer?
logical, of course -- but, "no" to 1 & 3 and "yes" to another port

and I haven't changed my surface.

My Alps touch device on the Vaio works fine, so I guess I should just use it and wait for the new Logitech to arrive. I'm just assuming that something in the mouse's circuit is faulty or maybe its USB connector--they seem to get sloppy and stop working after awhile.

the problem is that the problem is intermittent. It works for awhile, and seemingly, especially after I've reinstalled the driver. But then it soon becomes erratic again.

whoops, i've already spent more time on this than I should have-and so have you ...so I thank you all for your time. I'll just suffer through with my touch pad here for a day or so longer till the G3 gets here... thanks

#8 ·
Goldfish92 said:
W00t W00t, you have the same mouse as me... AND THE SAME AGE :) My first mounse and it works good (kinda).

I get a simillar problem little jerks of the cursor even when not toucing the mouse... Think it may be time to say goodbye... :( :p
Thanks for that! I was wondering what it was that could go bad after 5 years or so. Most everything is solid state tech...i mean, what's to go bad? But anyway, it's good to hear that someone besides me has a similar experience. This new Logitech G3 looks to be a good replacement. I bought it for $17.49 'delivered' on eBay (sells for about $50 everywhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.