1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft issues emergency patch for 10 IE holes

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Mumbodog, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

2. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Don't have to worry about doing the update manually, m$ already pushed the new update, I got it tonight.

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've got my XP and Vista computers set to only notify me of new updates and not to download or install them. After I started them this morning, I received a prompt about the out-of-cycle IE8 update. It's been installed. (y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Got my prompt first thing this morning. (y)

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Got mine yesterday from Windows Update after seeing this thread. (y)

7. hewee

hewee

That was fast. You think they wait another day so they could make that the Dirty Dozen patch day. :p

8. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

I think they should have released it today, have the updates give you a April Fools day BSOD, now that would be funny.

9. hewee

hewee

Yea that would be a joke.

10. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear Mumbodog,
    Firstly thanx for the info'! Considering that IE itself is JOKE, 10 holes takes the cake! I guess we are seeing more holes in the dress than the cloth! Would have been good for summer, at least!;)

PS: Is Windows 8 in the pipeline?(you may answer it, because i don't know a thing about what MS is conjuring.).

11. antimoth

antimoth

Let's not throw too many stones at IE. All these programs try to do a lot and holes get discovered My copy of Firefox just auto-morphed to 3.6.3, and how many days old was 3.6.2?

12. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear antimoth,
    Nobody need throw stones at IE or for that matter "MS"! The German Govt., a few weeks back black-balled IE. I respect and use FF for two reasons 1) It is open-source and 2) they throw no stones at fellow competitors like Google Chrome and mind their own business of patching(no denying that), like MS is doing right now--calling Chrome a "key logger".I have read an article which claims that the percentage of people using IE in Asian countries is dropping! In my view TEN security holes is way too big a vulnerability, considering the fact that hackers of IE do not uncover the holes "all at once"! Probably MS was taking a real nice Ester holiday(JK-Just Kidding);)!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice