Microsoft kernel DLS synthesizer prob

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thr33whip

I recently had a problem with onboard sound. I've disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS, but I still have a conflict with the Microsoft kernel DLS synthesizer. I can't find a driver for winXP for this, I don't even really know what it pertains to. My system hangs when I reboot for a few mins and then I can open up the device manager and disable it. How do I reinstall this or delete it and reinstall or even find a driver for it?? Is this related to directx?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Its part of the sound system. What soundcard are you using? Have you tried to download the latest drivers for your soundcard for the manufacturers website? Also remove all soundcard entries in Device Manager and reboot.

thr33whip

I'm using the integrated sound on the motherboard. Whenever I try to reinstall the drivers, it gives me this error message: An error occured during the installation of the device. The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

The 2 conflicts are for the Microsoft kernel DLS synthesizer and for the Multimedia Audio Controller.

The device status for the synthesizer is: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

And the status for the controller is: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28), but when I try to reinstall for this device it gives me the error from the first paragraph.

Any ideas? Thx in advance...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online