1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DIPESH14, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DIPESH14

DIPESH14 Thread Starter

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help. Ive recently bought a Microsoft keyboard and mouse and the problem is with all the 'F' keys. The keyboard settings are all preset (F2 is undo, F3 is redo, F4 is new, F5 is open etc) and i have tried to disable them as i use Macromedia Flash and need the keys as shortcuts. However it still fails to recognise the keys on Flash. Is ther anyway that i can disable the default and still allow it to work as other shortcuts on other applications? Thanks in advance.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

There should be an icon in the control panel for the keyboard. I think you can assisgn different things for the keys. Did you install the software for the keyboard? Not sure if the F keys are re-assignable.

3. 4steve44

4steve44

Which microsoft keyboard is it. The one I have I have to press the F Lock key to enable the F keys. Hope this helps ;)

4. DIPESH14

DIPESH14 Thread Starter

4Steve44 You were right its as simple as pressing the F Lock button. I feel so stupid now! Its the keyboard with the fingerprint reader that ive got. Thanks for your help guys.

5. ~Candy~

Hey, I have that same board. Pretty cool huh? I haven't used the fingerprint part yet. Trying to make sure MS doesn't have any hidden agendas :eek:

Where's the F lock key? :confused:

Oops, nevermind, I see it!

:D

6. DIPESH14

DIPESH14 Thread Starter

yeah its cool but it only works with IE and i use firefox loads. Another case of Microsoft making sure ppl use their own stuff. You tried it out yet?

7. ~Candy~

I'm using it now, just haven't tested too many things on it yet. I like some of the hot key functions.

8. 4steve44

4steve44

Just how long have you had that keyboard ;) I am in denial about glasses too :eek:

9. ~Candy~

Only a couple of weeks :p

I had Lasik, don't even have that excuse :D

10. 4steve44

4steve44

Candy just what is the fingerprint feature on your board for :confused:

11. ~Candy~

Secure log on? :D Is this a trick question?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice