1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robobobo, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robobobo

robobobo Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I recently bought this microsoft laser mouse 8000 " bluetooth"
    I bought it to replace my logitech laser mouse which was giving up on me after 2 years
    I thought it was just because it was old that it was not working right as i tried everything i could. It would work fine for a while and then the cursor would just slow down and go really slow across the screen for a few mins, then it would work fine, then it wouldnt.....and on and on........ Finally it stopped working alltogether so i brought it to the shop and got the microsoft one to replace it.

I've had it for less than a month but right from the off it is doing the same as my logitech did..The cursor just randomly slows every so often and is very annoying, it just gets worse and worse till i have to revert back to my cable mouse, which i dont like at all....

So im wondering at this stage is there something wrong with my pc?
    The logitech worked fine for nearly 2 years...

I have all updated microsft mouse software and drivers,
    I have tried uninstall and reinstall several times
    The microsoft mouse works via a bluetooth dongle that came with it which works fine when sending and receiving things with it
    I dont think its the recharable battery in it because i tried putting a brand new battery in it when it goes funny like microsoft suggest bit it still doesnt work right!:confused:
    Ive also installed on different profiles on my pc aswell to see if any difference..

The mouse has a light on it thats green and goes red when battery is low, on mine it is sometimes red when it is on the charger! :confused: and is never on when its off the charger..

I have a microsoft wired keyboard aswell..

Im using a dell inspiron 8000
    Windows Xp with sp2 home edition
    3 GHz
    768 mb ram

I cant think of any programs i installed that would affect it either,
    So im wondering now if i have another faulty mouse or is it something to do with my pc,
    I really am stumped and have tried all i can think of.....

I hope you guys can help me,

Thanks a mill

robobobo

2. robobobo

robobobo Thread Starter

Has anyone got any ideas?
    Please Help

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

The only thing I can think of that may affect both mice would be if you were using the same USB port for the transmitter/receiver and the port was bad. Try a different port?

4. robobobo

robobobo Thread Starter

Thanks For Replying but i have tried that aswell to no sucess

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/707792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice