1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft live team scam

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Brigham, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    I'm afraid that I have been scammed by "Microsoft Live Team" When I refused to pay they locked my computer and I can't get into it. can anyone assist me?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    These are the full details.
    Lenovo all in one win OS 8.1. After a full restore because of a virus, I was trying to get my apps back on to the computer. I was having a lot of problems trying to access my microsoft account. I looked on the internet, and on one of the sites the letters at the bottom mentioned that the microsoft live team had helped him. I contacted them, not knowing it was a scam, and they phoned me and asked me to do some things to the computer. After a while they started to ask me for money. That is when I realised it was a scam. I refused to pay, and that is when I realised that they had locked my computer. I can't get into the computer at all. I realise now that I have been fooled. I never thought it could happen to me, and I feel such an idiot. I also realise that what I am asking is virtually a hack, which you are not supposed to do, however I would be grateful if there is anything to help me.

4. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    More info:- I am on the opening page which requires a password. If I put in the last effective password
    it says "You can't sign in to your PC right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem, or try the last password you used on thisPC"

5. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    account.live.com is just a website which seems to be genuine but cannot do anything for me.

6. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    A bit more info. the front screen now has a message saying "working on updates ?% complete Don't turn off your computer". So something is getting through as the percentage is going up. There was a pause with a black screen with the Lenovo logo and then back to the update downloads.

7. valis

valis Moderator

fyi, this is marked solved. Do you need it unsolved?

8. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    Please leave it as solved. A friend of a friend (He's American and something to do with IT) tells me he knows how to do it. He will let me know, by Tuesday. If I could leave it in abeyance until then, I will let you know. Thanks anyway.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice