Microsoft Minesweeper location in Win 8.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wseehorn

Running Windows 8.1

I have neither a real or virtual XBox account, but every time I start Minesweeper it wants me to log into one. I'm tired of that and the slow load time of the game. I want to remove the program from my machine. When I trace it down - from the name in properties - it looks as if it consists of two shortcuts and no .exe file:

AppZvpebfbsgZvafjrrce_8jrxo3q8oojr and
AppZvpebfbsgFbvygnverPbyrpgvba_8jrxo3q8oojr (I think I typed those correctly, couldn't cut & paste)

in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMen

Is removing those two shortcuts enough to remove the program files from my machine? I assume that it has files on the computer since the Details tab of properties says it is available offline.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online