1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Mouse Battery Life

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pharmer, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pharmer

pharmer Thread Starter

I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 about 9 months ago. The batteries initially lasted about 6 months. I replaced them with newly purchased batterries and they lasted about a week. It now seems that I have to replace the batteries weekly and the mouse then works fine for about another week. I even went as far as buying new and fairly expensive Energizer Lithium batteries (non-rechargable) thinking that maybe they would last longer and, again, they lasted one week. Any idea why the life of the batteries went from 6 months to one week?

2. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

Some wireless mice use a lot more juice when sitting on dark or reflective surfaces. Make sure your using a standard style mouse pad that doesn't have a lot of dark colors in it. Otherwise you may have an issue with the mouse itself. The battery should last about 6 months. I have the 3000 series mouse and my battery last about 4 months but I am a heavy PC user.

3. pharmer

pharmer Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. The mouse pad I have been using since I bought the mouse is a very light grey. Since I have not changed the pad, I don't think the color is the problem. However, I will try a different one. Does anyone have any other ideas?

4. pharmer

pharmer Thread Starter

Well, my battery life is now down to one week. This morning I turned on my computer and the batteries in the mouse were again dead. The computer is on only at night (and for a few minutes in the morning to check my e-mail) and all weekend. Changing the mouse pad did no good. Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/869491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice