Microsoft Net Framework

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lgnyc

I am getting a number of errors, mostly for net framework (not even sure what that is), stating that I am missing the following programming line:

msvcr80.dll

How do I correct this?

Thank you.

What version of Windows do you have? What program are you running when you get the error? Does the error message say which version of .NET Framework (1.1, 2.0, 3.0).

lgnyc

I am having a timing problem on the PC and WORD 2000 is acting up more than usual so I ran Norton WIN Doctor and found 10 problems it could not repair all dealing with the same program line being missing, i.e. msvcr80.dll It states my framework is version 2.0.507 (what does microsoft.NET/framework actually do? Norton Win Doctor tells me I need to reinstall, but reinstall what?

Oh, I am running Win XP with service pack 2.

Thanks for any and all help!

First I would go to the Microsoft Update site and make sure you have all updates installed. When you say 'WORD 2000 is acting up', what are the error messages are you getting? You might need to reinstall Word.

I wouldn't worry about Norton WIN Doctor saying there are errors. It's a registry cleaner and sometimes they find false 'errors'. It's probably unrelated to the problems you're having anyway.

Let me know what happens when you go to Microsoft Update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online