1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft No Longer Updating XP Versions Of Windows, Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mari1961, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mari1961

mari1961 Thread Starter

I have two computers with Windows XP that I had to recover and can't update them anymore, I get the same message when using windows update that a member named Bruce gets, (the page cannot be found, etc..) I contacted Microsoft and they said as of 2014 they will no longer be offering updates for XP as it is considered obsolete, yet, they won't let you use their updating via windows update now, don't make sense. I think if we can get the service packs for windows xp to download manually, it may solve the issues with the other updates.. I am hoping anyways. Thanks Marilyn :)

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. mari1961

mari1961 Thread Starter

Awesome, is there a SP1 as well????

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. billmcct

billmcct

First Name:
    Bill
    To fix the auto updates go to " http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 ". scroll down to the "Resolution" section and download and install the appropriate "windowsuodateagent30-x(?).exe" file for your system. Then use Windows update site not Microsoft update.

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

If you download SP3, you don't need to download the earlier ones.

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1069365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice