1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office 2007 Stops Working..

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by WWEFreak666, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWEFreak666

WWEFreak666 Thread Starter

For some odd reason, it can be PowerPoint, Word, Groove, etc. and even the problem can vary. Sometimes when I click on the "Open" button to open up a document, the program will freeze up and say "Microsoft Office ______ has stopped working".. The first time it did this, Vista found a solution, to install updates for Office. So I installed the updates and it's still happening. And other times it happens when I try to save documents. It happens at random times, sometimes Word will work perfectly, then the next time I run it those things will happen again. Like currently, the only two I use is Word & PowerPoint. And currently it seems Word is fine for opening and saving, but PowerPoint is still not working well.

I've tried running Microsoft Office Diagnostics and still to no avail.

I've read some sites about modifying the registry, but I'd prefer to get some better advice from a place I trust..

Also, this was not a pre-installed version of Office 2007. It's a purchased copy of Office 2007.

Specs:
    Vista Home Premium.
    I do have a printer (I read on the net something about printers possibly being the cause, I'm on a network share with my older computer sharing the a printer)
    Other specs if needed, check them out by clicking on the little computer beside my name.

2. draceplace

draceplace

I really don't know what to tell you on this one but maybe my reply will bump and someone who knows Vista/2007 can shed some light. My take is maybe the blame is Vista rather than Office?

3. kjcdt

kjcdt

I'm having the same problem. I was in the middle of downloading a Word document when Windows broke in with an update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MW 2007 with no luck. Diagnostics told me it was unable to access a required file and that I need to "click the Microsoft Office Button and then click Access Options, Excel Options, PowerPoint Options or Word Options," then to to the Trust Center. I can't seem to get to the Options. Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice