1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office 2007 won't install

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by americanmami26, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. americanmami26

americanmami26 Thread Starter

Ok so I switched my computer out yesterda for a new computer. My old one got a virus in it, and have to use a loaner until I can get it fixed. I use it for college, and the computer my landlord gave me did not come with Microsoft Office. I went to install it on there and I get this message: Setup can not find HomeStudentr.WW\HomeSrWW.cab. Choose a valid installation source....What am I supposed to do??? If I can't get this installed, my professors are going to flunk me this week, and they don't accept anything written in Open Office at my university. I do everything 100% online. Any help would ge GREATLY apprecated.

2. Hughv

Hughv

A document written in Open Office and saved as a .doc shouldn't be distinguishable from a Word document.

You can use Office Live or Google Docs as well.

As an aside, any professor who threatened to flunk me for using Open Source software in this manner would get a reminder of his job description and the source of his salary.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice