1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MissMuffet, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMuffet

MissMuffet Thread Starter

My 2002 version has corrupted wiping out all my Outlook contacts which I'm not happy about:mad:. I also lost the disk which doesn't help. Also, each time I tried to open Word, Windows Installer pops up asking me to install the disk.(n)

A friend advised that he has Office 2007 which he can install and which has the "licence number" built in so it can be used by more then one person. I am a bit confused about that but he states that it has been installed in several computers. If OK, this will save me big bucks.

Should I uninstall 2002 first or will the installation of 2007 just override it?Bear in mind I don't have the 2002 disk :)eek:where is that damn thing?) so can't confirm any registration codes.

2. Bichey

Bichey

as your office 2002 has been corrupted, and u dont have installation disks too, it is better to uninstall office 2002 before installing 2007.

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

This is two separate issues.
    First, since your 2002 is corrupted, you need to either reinstall it or replace it. Since you don't have the disks, replacing is the only option.
    However, your friend has a volume license number, and they are sold with specific options - the purchaser makes a deal with MS regarding the number of installations, etc. See here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/howtoacquire.mspx
    Since you weren't part of that deal, what your friend is "offering" would be illegal and both you and the company that made the deal would probably be held liable if caught.
    I would suggest you look at
    http://www.openoffice.org/
    Open Office is an excellent FREE office suite, with most of the functionality of MS Office (the database doesn't match Access, and there is no VBA support - but it does have its' own version of macros ), but, unless you are a power user, you won't notice this much.
    One other advantage is that it has a toolbar format, rather than 2007's Ribbon, so there is a very small learning curve.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice