1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office 2010 can't verify the license

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jacou, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jacou

Jacou Thread Starter

I have been using Microsoft 2010 Home and Student for 3 mos. now. We bought the original but since my PC doesn't have a DVD drive, I downloaded it from the site indicated in the guide. Today, when I open the programs it displays this message: "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel."

What could have been the problem? Should I install it again?

2. pip22

pip22

The downloaded version you installed is probably just a 3-month trial.
    You need to install a CD-drive or DVD-drive in your computer & install Office 2010 from the CD you bought (remove the trial version first).

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

If you used the site that is on the side of the box, then you should not have gotten a 3 month trial copy.
    I would call Microsoft and let them handle it.

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

If you downloaded the product from the information that came with the DVD, you should be able to use the activation key that came with the DVD to activate the program. You have two option: (1) Copy the contents from the DVD to a USB Thumb drive or an external hard drive and do a fresh install of Office (uninstall the version you have first), or (2) contact Microsoft. The assistance they provide will be free, however you on year of free assistance for ALL of your Microsoft products begins the moment they get your name.

5. valis

valis Moderator

re-opened. You will need to contact MS about that issue, it sounds like. Please post what is currently occurring with the system.

thanks,

v

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976627