Microsoft Office 97 HElp!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Julie Reisinger

Help! My Microsoft Office has been working fine until a couple days ago - now , when I go into Word,and try to open my saved documents, a message pops up saying " there is not sufficient memory space to complete the task" -and I can't get into any of my saved documents, or save any new ones.:confused:

Anne Troy

Anne
Julie: Hate to step on anyone else's toes, but here are my steps.

1. Clean up your hard drive by following instructions at

http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

2. If that does not help, find and rename the file on your PC called normal.dot. Rename it to something like abnormal.dot. This must be done with Word closed, and you should rename all of them if you have more than one.

Hope this helps.

Dreamboat: No problem. Now that I think about it, you're probably correct that this particular memory error is a hard memory one, not RAM. However, it can't hurt to take both approaches. Removing unnecessary programs from loading and cleaning stuff off of the hard drive (particularly out of the temp folder) are both good steps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online