1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office 97 HElp!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Julie Reisinger, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Julie Reisinger

Julie Reisinger Thread Starter

Help! My Microsoft Office has been working fine until a couple days ago - now , when I go into Word,and try to open my saved documents, a message pops up saying " there is not sufficient memory space to complete the task" -and I can't get into any of my saved documents, or save any new ones.:confused:

2. Raphael

Raphael

3. Whinyguy

Whinyguy

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Julie: Hate to step on anyone else's toes, but here are my steps.

1. Clean up your hard drive by following instructions at

http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

2. If that does not help, find and rename the file on your PC called normal.dot. Rename it to something like abnormal.dot. This must be done with Word closed, and you should rename all of them if you have more than one.

Hope this helps.

5. Whinyguy

Whinyguy

Dreamboat: No problem. Now that I think about it, you're probably correct that this particular memory error is a hard memory one, not RAM. However, it can't hurt to take both approaches. Removing unnecessary programs from loading and cleaning stuff off of the hard drive (particularly out of the temp folder) are both good steps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice