Microsoft office and outlook -Help me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hoosiergal50

My XP came with a 60 day trial of Microsoft Office- Standard Student and Teacher. When the 60 days were up, I did not want to purchase it, so removed it from my computer.. Now I don't have spellcheck in Outlook Express 6.. It says to insert a cd which I don't have. Do I have to spend up to $130.00 to get Microsoft Office back on to my computer just to get the spellcheck back.. Please somebody help me.

try this,
insert your winxp cd rom
start > run > and type

EXPAND X:\I386\CSAPI3T1.DL_ C:\CSAPI3T1.DLL
[where X is your CDROM drive letter]
now this CSAPI3T1.DLL is in your C drive,
move it to C:\programs\outlook express folder
you have to restart after this.

kb article
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

Theres lot of freeware spell check utilities for OE6 on the web. Try google for free OE spellcheckers. Dont spend $130 whatever u do!

hoosiergal50 said:
I downloaded a free spellcheck. But when I click on spellcheck in outlook, the computer tries to install Microsoft Office Standard 2003, and when it can't,
another box comes up, saying to insert a disk ,which I don't have. After I click these boxes off, then the spellcheck that I downloaded starts to check the spelling.. But this happens now with every email I try to send... Any ideas? Thank you for the follow up, this is such a great site.. Everybody here is so helpful...
In your outlook express, go to tools> options > spelling >
make sure to diselect always check spelling before sending
or
check the setting of your downloaded spell checker.

if this does not help try to extract dll file from winxp cd. (follow instruction in post number 2)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online