Microsoft Office changing year "2000" to "2001"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gump

In Word and Excel, when you type "2000", the program automatically changes it to "2001". I have tried changing the regional date system to .../yyyy, with no avail. I have many workstations, and this is the only one with the problem. I also tried re-installing the program, but nothing seems to work.

Anne Troy

Anne
With both of those programs closed, I would try running these two command lines from the Start-Run:

regserver /winword.exe

regserver /excel.exe

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

gump

I tried this, but windows won't recognize regserver... any other suggestions?
Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamboat:
With both of those programs closed, I would try running these two command lines from the Start-Run:

regserver /winword.exe

regserver /excel.exe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anne Troy

Anne
Double-click the clock in the bottom, right-hand corner of your PC. What year does the date show?

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

gump

October 3, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamboat:
Double-click the clock in the bottom, right-hand corner of your PC. What year does the date show?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online