1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office & Documents Cloud based on new computer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by The Keeper, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Keeper

The Keeper Thread Starter

First Name:
    Gary
    I just purchased a new HP laptop computer and during the setup process, I inadvertently gave permission to download documents from Microsoft OneDrive.

I had Microsoft Office 2016 on an old computer so activated office using the 2016 product code.

When I access Word or Excel to create a new document, the program opens in OneDrive instead of one my computer.

1. I only saved certain documents to one drive so the document list on my computer is not complete.I would like to delete all of the OneDrive documents on my computer and replace them with the documents I have saved on an external hard drive. I am not concerned with deleting OneDrive documents because I can upload them again from my external hard drive.

2. I want Microsoft Office to open on my computer and not one OneDrive when I create a document.

Does anyone have a solution to correcting this? I tried calling Microsoft but you know how that goes and I was unable to talk to a live person.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice