1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office Files and PDF files corrupted?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by erku_ethiopia, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. erku_ethiopia

erku_ethiopia Thread Starter

Running: Microsoft Office 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 8

I am unable to open all Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access files also PDF files. When I try to open a Word document I get an error message like "Word experienced an error trying to open the file". I can open Word files with WordPad but most of is garbage. Where I can find a chunk of legible text I recognize, this keeps popping up ~dulla^@204~ . I tried taking the document to another computer and opening but with same result. I am at a loss. I have tried a few recovery software (demo versions) but they keep giving me the data I see in Wordpad.

Same type of error for Excel, Access, PowerPoint and PDF files. Also cannot open these files on another computer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Sponsor

3. Perkie_up

Perkie_up

open Outlook and find an attachment that is a excel file, choose save as and remember the path option that prompts, which is the temp folder on the c drive, try to run the path to the folder and delete all the temp folders, if you can not find it that way, run regedit, find the UserReg, find software, find microsoft, find Office 11 and find Temp...delete the keys in that folder and then try all the files, they should open fine....

Good luck

4. erku_ethiopia

Thanks for the reply,

Tried it but did not work. I can open files from another computer. Just the files on that computer that are not opening. Anyway to recover these? Or if there is a virus out there corrupting Office files and PDFs?

Thanks again.

5. hiretey

hiretey

i have same problem with erku_ethiopia. Has anyone found a solution on this issue please?

thanks,

6. kebad freak

kebad freak

hello erku my name is ..........!Am from ethiopia.
    ~dulla^@~204 is a worm,but u can call it virus.
    It is independent of u'r oprating system mens it is
    java based application which is desighned to run as worm
    circulates through u'r hdd use u'r mic. office extensions and
    change u'r files to undetected format, this makes it act as
    macro virus.It's new feature is it can't be removed, even if u
    reinstall u'r os!

So erku this worm is the product of our country.W't do u think:cool:?
    Pls fix it if u think you are better than us!

LONG LIVE Z FREAKS

7. erku_ethiopia

OK?!?

Did you create something that causes damage that can be reversed? If so send me ur email I will send u a corrupt file and let's see if you can fix it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767179