1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office H&S 2013 won't run - repair fails

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by beekbates, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

I've recently encountered problems with Word and Excel programs. Windows 8.1 operating system. For some reason the program will open and then give an error message that the program stopped working. It gives an option to repair but that does not work. Repairing from the control panel does not work and gives another error message to go online to find a solution. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Downloaded the program to reinstall but continue to get the same errors. Does anyone have a similar problem... or solution?

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Have you tried using the Fix it tool outlined on this page? I would suggest trying it, rebooting the PC after it's done, and then try re-installing Office.

3. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

Yes, I did try it multiple times, but it did not work either. Someone suggested OFFCAT but it said it cannot even find the program on my computer to scan. I verified it was in my programs but have since removed the whole thing to try again. Thank you for helping me!

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Do you have any available restore points to try?

5. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

The two that show up are after I started having the problem. I think. October 14th and October 19th. Thank you!

6. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Manual removal is another option to look at, if you get desperate. However, I would caution treading carefully and ensuring you have a backup of the Registry before attempting these methods.

7. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

Okay... I had to manually delete the folder when the uninstall did not work from Control Panel but did not take all those other steps. Do you think a program like Revo Uninstaller would be safer? Thanks.

8. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I don't think it would be safer, to be honest, since these solutions are provided specifically by Microsoft. I've used Revo Uninstaller before and like it, but there may be unintended consequences which would exacerbate your current issue. My recommendation would be to follow the instructions from the Microsoft page sequentially, and then see if you can get a clean install after a reboot.

9. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

Thank you. I will try that, then.

10. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

In the command box I typed in sc delete Clicktorunsvc and pressed "enter" but was told access is denied. I'm stalled at that point before I can proceed? Thanks!

11. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

When you opened the CLI (command box), did you run it as an Administrator?

12. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

I'm signed on as the Administrator for my computer. Do I need to do something different with that prompt? Also, on the manual uninstall, the Step 5: Delete Office Files - none existed. Neither did any of the processes exist in Task Manager. Thanks!

13. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

I managed to delete the sc delete Clicktorunsvc successfully.

14. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I'm glad that worked for you. Did you follow the other steps in the sequence?

15. beekbates

beekbates Thread Starter

I did. Though, there were many files that could not be found. I just need to try to download the program and see if it will work this time. Thank you for checking back with me...

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice