1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office Install Issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Adskee, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adskee

Adskee Thread Starter

Hi, I hope someone can help or explain what is happening to my laptop.
    I am sorry if this has been covered before, but When I turn on my Laptop, windows xp starts as normal and once it gets to the desktop page and the icon below near the clock are starting up. a window appears and starts to install Microsoft Office 2007. I hit cancel about in 3 concecutive attemps and it dissapears. I checked my Start Up page and there is nothing there.

I was wondering if there is anyone else having or had this issue and if they did, how did they fix it.

Adskee

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

What version of office is it? What happens if you let the configuration finish? In the past i have seen that when launching the application but it would clear itself if you let the process finish. What happens if you let the machine just try to finish the task it is doing?

3. Adskee

Adskee Thread Starter

I'll try it and get back to you shortly

4. Adskee

Adskee Thread Starter

Ok the version its trying to configure is Window Office 2000 Professional. it stops at the point of searching for the cd.

5. DaveA

DaveA It's My Birthday! Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What version of Office do you have installed on this machine?

If it is 2000, then it may be a update and the CD is needed to complete the install of the Office update.

6. new tech guy

new tech guy

Would have been my suggestion, put your office disk in when prompted. It may be prompting because it is possible to remove the setup files for office to clean up disc space.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice