Microsoft Office/Norton systemworks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darwin1971

Hi all.

Friend has a laptop with Norton Systemworks 2005 on it. She also has Microsoft Office and is trying to open up a Word document.

She gets the error "The command cannot be performed because a dialogue
box is open. Click OK, and then close open dialogue boxes to continue."

After a bit of searching, I found a workaround here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

Which had her disable the plug in. After rebooting, she is still getting the same dialogue box message, and I can't seem to find much else to go on.

We did this over the phone so I'm assuming she did everything correctly......

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

reinstalled microsoft office outlook. I have lost all my messages. I have tried to do a system restore but the apply button will not work. Help please

thanks for your help. With your reply and live tech I was able to retrieve my old emails and contacts. I also was able to find out why my "apply" button would not work on
the system restore and it was due to low disc space on my c drive which temporarly disabled the restore button until I cleaned house. Thanks again

???I fail to see what #2 or #3 have to do with the original inquiry? Am I missing something here? My suggestion to Darwin is to make sure the SystemWorks settings for NAV are not checking all documents in Word. That is a known problem, and should be avoided. If that is not the cause of the problem, then it may be another case of a defective normal.dot file. If you need help in fixing normal.dot, please ask.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online