1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 calendar

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cm1001, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cm1001

cm1001 Thread Starter

I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 on my computer (I am running Windows xp on a Dell latitude 131L laptop) but can't locate Calendar. Does this software have Calendar and if so how do I load it/find it. I am not a computer guru so please answer with that in mind. Thank you very much.

2. Techgeek07

Techgeek07

Down in the bottom left there should be a show folder list. Hit that, and you should be able to see it as an option on the left

3. cm1001

cm1001 Thread Starter

In what screen is the show folder files? When I click "start" it is not an option. Do you know what the file name is for calendar so I could search for it?

4. MWE

MWE

The calendar is part of the pst file and is "there" when you open Outlook unless the pst file is corrupt. Most people run with a single pst file that is, by default, stored in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Applications\Microsoft\Outlook. In older versions of Outlook, the calendar was just one of the "folders" in the pst file. In 2003, the calendar is normally part of the "big buttons" at the bottom of the Navigation Pane. So
    1. make sure the Navigation Pane is displayed (View | Navigation Pane)
    2. if the NavPane is displayed, look at the bottom; you should see either large buttons for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc OR small icons OR a combination of the two

I have attached a Word file with a screen shot of an Outlook window with the Navigation Pane displayed.

Attached Files:

5. cm1001

cm1001 Thread Starter

Thank you, I clicked on Outlook and it brought me to the outlook wizard which allowed me to install Outlook ,although the tech who installed my software had somehow installed Outlook Express with out using the Outlook wizard. One thing I notice is that now I have two Outlooks, one is Outlook Express,the one which is my original that receives my emails and the second is the newly installed Outlook that does have my calendar.

PS I was thinking about having a computer tech reveiw all my computer (speed, efficiency, several problems like above) is there a good national company that is reliable ie Geek Squad, etc or can you make a recomendation. Thanks again.

6. MWE

MWE

It is not very difficult to redirect things such that Outlook is "primary" and Outlook Express is no longer used. There are lots of DIYs scattered around on the web explaining how to migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook.

Actually, if you set up Outlook correctly, and you stop using Outlook Express, Outlook should automatically become your primary email tool. Of course, you will likely want to move old/current email items, address books, etc. from Express to Outlook. Again lots of DIYs explain how.

I can not recommend a nation-wide service (like geek Squad) as I have never used one. I have heard pretty good things about Geek Squad, but have no personal experience.

7. cm1001

cm1001 Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your help, it is so refreshing to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about and can articulate it clearly and precisely.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/869397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice