1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office Outlook Create Rule

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lwears, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lwears

lwears Thread Starter

Hello, Just wondered if anyone knew quickly how to create a rule in outlook where after 7 days your sent messages are deleted. does anyone know this?

Thanks
    Liam

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    It's called Archiving. Right-click your Sent Items folder, hit Properties, Autoarchive.

3. lwears

lwears Thread Starter

that doesnt answer my question

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi lwears

As Anne pointed out, AutoArchive can be configured to delete messages in the Sent Items folder after 7 days.

It's fairly quick to set that up. :)

To create a Rule, your messages need to meet certain conditions, "after X amount of days" does not appear to be an option in the Rules.

5. lwears

lwears Thread Starter

Thanks For your help on this, I'm sorry I didnt understand what Anne ment :( When read it sounded differently.

Sorry and Thanks Again

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/797451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice