Microsoft Office Outlook disappearing emails

LewishamDave

When revisiting emails in a subfolder of my Sent emails they have disappeared after being closed down. They are not wrongly filed as they haven't been moved just referenced for information, and they do not appear in archive, recycle bin or deleted folders. They just disappear without trace. Any idea why this happens and if they can be retrieved from anywhere?

Check your email filtering options in Outlook. That will likely help you determine the cause of disappearing emails. That is for the subfolder in the Sent folder and any subfolder.

Couriant

James
As pointed out, this is usually due to your view options. The other thought is that you may have a setting to remove emails after x amount of days.

You will need to confirm which selections have been made in your Outlook - Options - Mail settings.

Anne Troy

Anne
This happens to me when I am viewing only Unread. Click on All at the top-left of the inbox columns. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online