microsoft office outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jcroix2002

Hi

I recently installed microsoft office outlook .I'm trying to make it my default mail client over oe6 but can't - I've tried everything I could do.My computer acknowleges office outlook as my default mail client but still every message gets to oe6 rather than office outlook.What else to do?

:confused: jc2002

Do you mean every incoming message? If so, why are you running OE6 at all. If its not started it cannot collect the messages.

If its outgoing messages then how are you originating them?

Check that you have enabled Outlook in IE6, under IE6 Tools - Internet Options - Programs

Check you have made Outlook the default under Outlook - Tools - Other - General "Make Outlook the default ..."

You could remove your email accounts from Outlook Express but as Kiwiguy says the easiest option is just not to open OE in the first place.

jcroix2002

Hi

What happens is that I open microsoft office outlook and find no
messages. When I open oe6, the messages are all there.I have made office outlook as the default etc...didn't work.Since oe6 is integrated into xp,and since even though office outlook is my default and this still doesn't work,...should I just delete the account and go to Juno or Eudora instead?

:confused: jc2002

It sounds as though Outlook Express is configured to download your e-mail as soon as its opened, and Outlook is not?

These are only programs, and will do exactly what they are told to, no more or less.

If you never open Outlook Express it will never download your e-mails. Doesnt matter if its part of the OS or not, it won't run unless you run it.

If Outlook is correctly set up it will collect your emails.

Have you clicked on "send/receive" in Outlook, and what does it do? Any error messages?

Send yourself an email message on Outlook, remember to click send/receive.
See if it is received again in a minute or so when you again click send/receive as a test of your settings.

jcroix2002

Thanks for your patience.Will try this out.
I have the same pop3 and smtp for both oE and office Outlook xp.
this a problem?

business trip the next 2 days.will answer then.

jc2002:D

jcroix2002

Hi

Finally found out what to do-
-don't open OE6 as you suggested. - OE is intergrated,can't get rid of it,might as well just ignore it.
-in office outlook,I have to manually open "send/receive all" and click on it to download the email AND send email,

both had the same pop3/smtp address obviously,and for some reason OE had "priority"

..now I have to deal with my wireless blackberry/pda thing
I just got ....and it's email program..

jcroix2002:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online