1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft office pro 2010

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by foxtrotsam2, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foxtrotsam2

foxtrotsam2 Thread Starter

I am trying to uninstall Microsoft office professional plus 2010 from my comp and it won't uninstall, running win 7 home premium Dell Dimension E521, I have Office 2007 pro plus, I'm okay with that, I tried AVG uninstaller, still won't do it, suggestions? thank you

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Dell Dimension E521 desktop is about 8 years old.

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on yours?

-----------------------------------------------------------

How did Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2007 Professional Plus and Office 2010 Professional Plus get installed in it?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Won't install how? Any error messages? How was the 2010 obtained? Disc, download, and if download from where?

4. foxtrotsam2

I bought the dell dimension used and windows 7 home premium was installed but according to the sticker on the side it originally came with media center OS. The guy I bought it from installed the 7 home, how the office 2010 and where it came from I don't have a clue. I'll post the service tag shortly

5. foxtrotsam2

Service tag: JG775C1. The office 2007 was installed in it when i bought it

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that service tag number, here is the Dell support site that's assigned to that Dell Dimension E521 desktop.

According to its system configuration section, it shipped in November 2006 in Canada and came with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. foxtrotsam2

yes flavallee, the guy i bought it from installed win 7 home premium OS, and office 2007 pro i don't know why he installed office 2010, am just trying to uninstall 2010, it's not annoying or bothering anything, it's just there and i don't use it and taking up space, so i wouldn't mind taking it out

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    But how are you trying to install Office 2010? Do you have a license key for Office 2010?

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm surprised that Office 2007 and Office 2010 both installed in that computer.

I've never installed and used Office 2010, so I'm not familiar with its uninstall procedures.

10. foxtrotsam2

Triple6: I'm trying to uninstall it out of my computer, it was already in there when i bought it used from the guy who probably installed both office 2007 and office 2010, i don't use office 2010 either but i would like to keep office 2007 for my use, which is working just fine. This is what I think happened, when he installed the win 7 home premium, it probably came with a trial office 2010, then he must have installed office 2007 after.

The win 7 home premium is not an OEM for the Dell i am using, it had win xp media ctr originally, then he put in win 7 then i bought it, it works fine, just would like to take out the 2010.

I'm probably not explaining myself too clearly, but am trying, hope this is okay

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Windows doesn't come with any Office.

The fact that they came with such an old computer and are both Professional Plus are indications they are both pirated copies.

12. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

False assumption. I have and older computer than that with Office Enterprise on it. I bought it off Ebay and it has a valid licence key for Office 2007.
    The fact that I have re-installed it from my media is besides the point.

13. foxtrotsam2

yeah well the office 2010 is still in my programs list and cannot uninstall it, it just will not go away

14. foxtrotsam2

thanks for everything guys, i think its time i invested in a $5 - 600 dollar laptop anyway, getting tired of these old relics i've been wasting more time trying to make them run to my liking and never do, i will give the old dell to my nephew to play with

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice