1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Microsoft Office Problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Avielle, Sep 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Avielle

Avielle Thread Starter

Hi. I just installed Office 365 to my computer for the first time and it's giving me a message every time I attempt to open a program.

I have already tried everything Google has suggested me to do.

This is one of the solutions:
    Press the “Windows” and “R” keys at the same time to launch the Run program. Type “appwiz.cpl” without quotes and click “OK”. Scroll down to locate Microsoft Office program, click “Change, and then choose “Repair”. Select “Full Repair” or “Online Repair” option and wait for the repair process to finish.

I've done this many times but still turns out the same. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the computer itself.

Please, I need to use these programs for my classes.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It will help if you were to post the make and model and other system spec's of this machine?

3. Avielle

Avielle Thread Starter

Hi! Thanks for replying. Here’s a screenshot of the specs.

Attached Files:

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    OK, where did you get this copy of Office 365 to install on this machine?
    Are you logged in to the MS Office server using the login for this install of Office 365?

5. Avielle

Avielle Thread Starter

I downloaded it from the actual Microsoft Office website using my school’s e-mail. And the license is Office 365 A1 Plus for students.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Then you need to contact the School IT support for the needed settings.

7. Avielle

Avielle Thread Starter

The source is not the problem but the PC itself. I have tried downloading Office 2019 before and got the same problem.

I’m assuming it has something to do with a corrupt file in the system because I’ve tried sfc /scannow in the cmd program and it detected a corrupted file but unsure how to repair it.

8. Avielle

Avielle Thread Starter

Hello. I solved this problem by putting my PC into recovery so it resets the system.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice