1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by saffarob, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. saffarob

saffarob Thread Starter

My microsoft office trial ran out and then I got the program with the product key but now I am unable to load it up again. It wont even let me load it up even though I have the program and product key.

I have an acer aspire 4920 Laptop. Intel core 2 duo processor T5250, I have 120GB of memory. 1.5GHz, 867 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache. 2GB RAM. Thats all I know really.

I am running windows vista.

Please can someone help me sort this.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your post is a little confusing. What won't load up? The new CD or the trial?

If you bought the same version, ie. Office 2007, then you should be able to open the trial and input the key off your purchased copy.

If you cannot open the trial then go to Programs & Features and uninstall it, then insert the new Office disc and run through the setup and enter the key when it asks for it.

3. saffarob

saffarob Thread Starter

Well I have microsoft 2003 now cos 2007 wont work so I downloaded a free trial as my cd has been misplaced and try get it up and running and loading and it says Installing microsoft office enterprise 2007 then like 30 seconds passes by then it comes up with microsoft office enterprise 2007 encountered an error during setup...

I dont know what to do now...

Is there a way I can load 2007 from scratch???

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Still confused, which version of Office did you purchase? ie. Office 2003 Professional, Office 2007 Home & Student, Office Standard, etc?

Have you gone to Programs and Features in the Control Panel and uninstalled all Office related applications?

5. saffarob

saffarob Thread Starter

I have done that, I am completely rid of microsoft office and its still doing that...

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    And you still have not answered the other question, what exact version of Office did you purchase?

7. saffarob

saffarob Thread Starter

microsoft office 2007

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Ok, so what happens when you put the Office 2007 CD in the drive?

9. saffarob

saffarob Thread Starter

I did not actually get a cd with it as it was just a trial, the trial ran out and so I had to download it again and somehow get a product key which I did get, I then typed it in to the office and it didnt work...thats the problem I have had for so long...got the download and the key but it just wont download properly....

10. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You can NOT reinstall the trial version and expect it to run.
    There are hidden settings that Microsoft can and has added to your OS to prevent you from using another trial version of 2007.
    You will need to buy a copy of Office 2007 if you want to continue using it.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So when you said this you meant you got another trial?

And you also mentioned a 2003 version?

If you have not purchased any version of Microsoft Office then you will need too. You cannot keep using the trials. If you do not want to purchase Microsoft Office then you can install the free OpenOffice alternative.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice