Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016

Solved 
2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
I have a new Dell laptop and have installed Microsoft Office Professional 2016 from CD and everything is working fine.

However, each time I open up an Office application, I also get a screen coming up about Microsoft 365 and giving me an option to try, buy or enter a product key.

How can I stop this screen from opening up each time?

I did have Microsoft Office Professional 2016 on my old laptop and never had this coming up previously.

#2 ·
See if Office 365 in listed in the apps section of the Control Panel in addition to the Office 2016?
If so I would uninstall it.
You may need to do a repair of Office 2016 after the removal of 365.

#6 ·
What do you see when you go to "File" and the scroll down and select "Accounts"?

What version is listed?

On the CD what version is listed there?

#7 ·
On the account it shows it as Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 which is what is shown on the CD.

My laptop did come with Microsoft 365 (trial) I understand which was uninstalled at my request as I already had Microsoft Office at home which I've put on.

I'm wondering if it wasn't uninstalled correctly.

#11 ·
I got this version through a former employer as I was a student. The employer were able to get a job lot.

I had this version on my previous Samsung laptop with no issues and no Microsoft Office 365 popping up when I opened an application.

#12 ·
It's likely on your previous laptop there was no earlier version of Office installed or it was also a volume license version.

Unfortunately though, you cannot use this version of Office for personal use at it's a violation of the license agreement. MS Office Professional Plus 2016 is only available through volume licensing. Therefore, we cannot assist any further.

#17 ·
I think there's probably a discrepancy in the licensing terms for the HUP program as it's been revised over the years. Older ones said you have to be employed while the newer version for 365 says it doesn't matter. The only way we'll know for sure is if the poster provideds a copy of his EULA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.