"Microsoft Office [Program_name] has not been installed for the current user."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlinkTwice

I found the solution that worked for me -- restoring OPA11.BAK -- on this forum a few days ago, and the Office programs work fine again without re-installing Office, creating a new user profile, etc. (which worked for others with the same symptom but different underlying problems). The remaining annoyance is that, when I let a "clean-up" utility delete OPA11.BAK, that also disappeared the Start Menu icons for the Office programs and the Office Resource Kit programs. Unlike most programs, these MS programs don't let me manually assign Start Menu icons. Has anyone found a way to restore the icons without un- and re-installing the Office programs and the Office Resource Kit programs? Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2 OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 Processor Count: 2 RAM: 1534 Mb Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Dell), 128 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 7530 MB, Free - 980 MB; D: Total - 2212 MB, Free - 1122 MB; E: Total - 2008 MB, Free - 1515 MB; F: Total - 502 MB, Free - 452 MB; G: Total - 1592 MB, Free - 689 MB; H: Total - 2525 MB, Free - 404 MB; I: Total - 3067 MB, Free - 2278 MB; J: Total - 3098 MB, Free - 1405 MB; K: Total - 11083 MB, Free - 1486 MB; L: Total - 17688 MB, Free - 6114 MB; M: Total - 13123 MB, Free - 7143 MB; Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 02Y832 Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online