1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office -Word 2007 not responding -Vista

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ronnie002, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronnie002

ronnie002 Thread Starter

Following is information on my laptop: Intel (R) CPU T225 @ 1.73 GHZ; memory 1015 mb; 3000 N100; System type X86-based PC Version 6.0.6001; Vista; Microsoft Office 2007

Problem:confused:: Microsoft word upon closing gives the following message: Word not responding. The program will not close and I have to usee control-alt-delete to get task manager and then end the program that way. This started happening sometime in June, it worked fine prior to that.

Also most recent problem:confused:: Just yesterday I had a problem with Internet Explorer not allowing me access to normal websites I go to, including this one. Part of this happened after I ran diagonistics to check for problems. I was told in the results there were fixes for some problems and to continue, which I did, but the website would not open; received a code of 403 (I think that was it) which says, I am not authorized to view results.

Anyway, I am sorry this is so long, but I really need word to work correctly because my online college classes are coming up soon.
    Thanks for any help. :)
    Veronica

2. BG-0

BG-0

If IE doesn't work, try using Opera or something else.. Report some results..
    Programs "not responding" when trying to close, and Vista trying to revive the closed program seem to be a far-spread problem.. :mad: Oh, how I hate Vista for the trouble it causes. Think there should be a setting to stop Vista from "helping" you like that(for the sake of humanity). Just bet there's not. :(

3. ronnie002

ronnie002 Thread Starter

Thank you for responding. I have the IE problem now solved. It had to do with my Alltel phone. I use my phone for my Internet connection and once I removed the battery and put it back in, it reset. This solved my Internet problem. Still have the word 2207 problem.
    Veronica

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Apparently, Word 2007 isn't completely compatible with Vista.

I solved it by finding winword.exe in the Office 12 folder and changing its compatibility to "Run this program as an administrator." Hadn't had a problem since.

Courtney

5. BG-0

BG-0

Funny that running as an administrator many problems. Even when using an adminstrator account.

6. ronnie002

ronnie002 Thread Starter

I did what you said but I am still experiencing the same problem. It still gives me the message "word is not responding" and it freezes up and will not close. Did you reboot after you made the changes to WINWORD. I didn't reboot, but tried it after the change was made and no luck.....
    Veronica

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/739239