1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office-Word and Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dianerowley, Jun 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianerowley

dianerowley Thread Starter

My desktop pc is a Compaq Presario with Windows 95 and Microsoft Office. Recently it has started taking forever to close down a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet. The program itself closes out in normal speed but its the separate documents that take forever.

I have checked disk space - plenty available. I have done the usual maintenance ie defragmentation, scan disk etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Diane

2. Wizmond

Wizmond

If you're using office 97, according to microsoft, one possibility is that outlook is journalizing your other office documents. They say to start outlook and under tools / options / journal clear all the check boxes under 'also record files from' list. They say this can cause files to close slowly even if outlook isn't running.

3. dianerowley

dianerowley Thread Starter

Thanks so much. That seems to have been the problem. So glad you tech support people make yourselves available to us - without your help, we'd be "dead in the water".

Thanks again.

Diane

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/47294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice