Microsoft Office XP - Outlook help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EgoDogg

For the past 3 days, I haven't been able to receive or send e-mails out.

I've tried everything I could think of and nothing seems to be working. Same thing also happens in Outlook Express. Even tried uninstalled our Spam remover. Nothing. Any help is appreciated

I've tried everything I could think of and nothing seems to be working. Same thing also happens in Outlook Express. Even tried uninstalled our Spam remover. Nothing. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi EgoDogg

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

What Firewall are you using and is it allowing your messaging programs access to the Internet?

What antivirus program are you using and is it configured to scan your incoming messages?
Disable it to see if that makes a difference.

Are you using a Router?
Look for an internet viewer content restriction setting.
Check its configurations to see if POP3 access is allowed.

Here are a few links that may offer a solution:

You receive the "0x80042108 Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming POP3 e-mail server" error message in Outlook 2002 and Office Outlook 2003

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express

http://www.harveyhosting.com/email_settings_faq.php

Lastly, have you contacted your ISP? Wondering if Adelphia may have made some changes??

Let us know what happens.

EgoDogg

Well, I'm trying to find it on the net first. It's been working for a couple years, no problem, and just like that, it stopped. I'l try that and tell you if it works, doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to try

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online