1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by virtexpne, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. virtexpne

virtexpne Thread Starter

Firstly, I don't know if this is legal or not so its illegal someone please tell me. :eek:

Basically my I've had my desktop pc for 5/6 years now and its running at a snails pace as you might imagine. I'm moving house soon so I'm keeping my funds tight, therefore rather than buying a new PC I just want to wipe this one and start again with it - that should get rid of all the junk I have on it and make it faster I think?

But the problem I have is when looking for all the CDs and what not I got when I first bought it, I can't for the life of me find my microsoft office package one. If I can't locate this, is it possible to burn the word/excel programs onto a cd now from my PC (If so how would I do this) so that when Ive wiped it I can simply stick my burned CD back in and install it?

Otherwise I presume I'm gonna have to go out to the shops and buy a new 2007 version am I? :(

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    OpenOffice is free and fully legal and is fully compatible with MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint and I've migrated to it for similar reasons to you.
    I prepare docs in OpenOffice and they work fine in my office with MS Word & Excel.

http://www.openoffice.org/

I hope this is of help?
    Richard

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Sorry to say that reinstalling MS-Office is not quite that simple. Installing also involves changes to the Windows registry and I believe adding DLL files to various system directories.

Before wiping the disc, you may want to try contacting Microsoft about your options for getting replacement installation discs. I found this MS article for Office 2003 but they may have similar options for other versions.

How to order a replacement CD for Microsoft Office
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822

4. virtexpne

virtexpne Thread Starter

Thanks for both your help.

5. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

You are welcome.
    R

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice