1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Optical mouse pointer blinks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jldjs, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jldjs

jldjs Thread Starter

I just installed a MS optical mouse, think it's really from Intellipoint(?). It plugs into my mouse bus port but looks like it has a USB adapter to allow to do this. Anyway, I noticed that the mouse pointer is blinking rather than just a solid arrow. Does this indicate anything abnormal? Reason I ask I'm pursueing answers to some performance problems with W98SE, low sys resources, out of memory conditions, system hangs for periods in the minutes. Also, when I unplug y USB wireless adapter, which is physically below the mouse port, the blinking stops!! Talked with Linksys techie and he thought there might be a power issue?!? I have a USB port hub but my adapter won't work plugged into it with the hubs power supply on. ANy explanations would be appreciated.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Can't you just plug it direct to the USB port or to the hub??????

3. jldjs

jldjs Thread Starter

I suppose I could if I removed the bus port adapter plug. Will W98 discover the mouse as it does for a bus port? THe info that came with the device didn't really suggest putting into a USB port.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I have one I just bought that has an adapter too. The adapter is to be able to plug it into the PS/2 port should you not have a USB port, or an extra usb port on the computer. 98 will discover it as soon as you plug it in....you'll have to use the tab and enter keys to accept the answers and let it browse for the drivers, which it should be able to locate on its own.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice