Microsoft or Norton?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QBA

Hi
I want to back up my system and personal files and I have the dilemma of choosing from Norton or Microsoft applications.
I own Norton SystemWorks 2002 and it comes with two applications that will help me to back up my system and personal files called "GoBack", and "Norton Ghost". But in the other hand I have the ones that came with Windows XP, called "Backup" and "System Restore".
Well my dilemma is that since at this point I don’t know how to use none of the above, I will like to know if the application that comes with Windows XP are as good to back up my files and do the job just as the ones that comes with Norton SystemWorks do, because I prefer to learn to use the Windows ones since they come with my OS already and is a big possibility that they will always come with my futures Windows OS, so once I learn to use it I don't have to worry about the issues of buying new third parties applications in the future or worry about compatibility issues with my futures OS.
So if some one knows about Microsoft and Norton products I will appreciate if you can help me out
Are “Backup” and “System Restore” from Microsoft as good to back up my system and personal files as “GoBack” and “Norton Ghost” from Norton?

Thanks

Alex

Norton Ghost isnt just a file backup program, it takes an "image" of your entire hard disk and is used to restore entire computer "states". Microsoft System restore does this tho i havent used it. Ive seen norton ghost work before and it seems to do a good job.

Microsoft Backup should do a good job of backing up your files, it can be a bit buggy at times but is generally A-ok. Not used go-back so cant comment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online