1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Attachments in Microsoft Word 2007 will not open

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Selbeep, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Selbeep

Selbeep Thread Starter

I have Microsoft Office 2003 installed and also the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack 2007. However, when I receive an e-mail with a Microsoft Word 2007 attachment, the document will not open even with the Compatibility Pack installed. I can not convert .docx to .doc. Any advice please?

2. Selbeep

Selbeep Thread Starter

Hi again,

Anybody able to help me with this please?

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What happens when you click the attachment?

4. Selbeep

Selbeep Thread Starter

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I think I managed to solve the problem. When I clicked on the attachment (it was Word 2007) in Outlook 2003 to open it, I got the message "this action is only valid for the products that are currently installed". So I then tried to save the document as a Word 2003 document but it wouldn't let me do this either, I was only given the option of "All Files" so I just saved it like this but it still wouldn't open it for me. I then right clicked on the document and was then given the option of saving it as a Word 2003 document and was able to open it. I don't know if this is the right way or not but at least it works.

Selbeep

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/933856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice