1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft outlook 2003, autocomplete only works with some contacts??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by musiclover, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musiclover

musiclover Thread Starter

The autocomplete feature in microsoft outlook 2003 only works with some of my contacts. Not sure why this is? For instance, I have many contacts that start with i, but when I type in i, only some of these contacts come up as possiblilities? Any and all suggestions as to what my be going on are very welcome. Thanks!

2. cdecosta

cdecosta

Have you rebuilt your autocomplete list?? This list is populated when you send emails. As a quick alternative, unplug your network cable, send a test message to all your contacts, then delete that email from outbox. This will populate all your contacts in autocomplete list. Hope this helps

Also I was wrestling to find out why autocomplete didn't work. The reason was, I was using default profile. You have to create a profile after upgrading from Outlook2000 to 2003. Control panel->Mail->Create Profile->New. Then only Outlook2003 setup .NK2 file for that profile.

Chaminda

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/407116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice