1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Outlook Constantly Hanging Up/Freezing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gtpontiac, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtpontiac

gtpontiac Thread Starter

I am using Microsoft Outlook through an Exchange Server on Windows 2000. It is constantly hanging up throughout the day. Sometimes it works lightening fast with no problems for a few minutes or a few hours but most of the time, each time I go to do something, anything with the program, it hangs up for anywhere from 30 seconds, to a couple of minutes to endless hanging. I have all the latest update service packs, patches, etc. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired, etc. etc. to no avail. I have completely emptied the entire program of all emails, contact lists, etc and even keeping it empty, it hangs up the same way. I have not been able to find anyone who knows what is causing it or what to do. I need a miracle with this one. Thanks.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are you sure it's Outlook and not your Exchange server? Is this happening to only you or are other users experiencing the same "hang ups"? Look in your services under tools and see that everything is configured correctly and that there are no unneeded services like an extra PAB or OST on there. If there are Personal address books on a network drive you might want to try disabling them to see if thinngs speed up. Also disable any internet email accounts and see if the Exchange Server is the slowdown or a connection to the external accounts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice