Microsoft Outlook send/receive error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Samster

Hi, all of a sudden i'm getting an error in Microsoft Outlook when I send and receive. The message is:

Task 'mail.btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

My email service is Yahoo! Premium for BT and I confirgure it through Outlook.

I have recently installed a wireless router for my ADSL connection but have been receiving mail up to now. My internet connection is working fine.

I am running Norton Internet Security. When the send and receive is in progress I receive a Program Control message (low risk) - OUTLOOK.EXE is attempting to connect to a DNS server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just a thought - you might want to contact your email service provider and see if there has been a change in the mail server name that they're using - if so, you'll need to change that in your Outlook account. If not, then I'll let the experts take over...

Samster said:
I am running Norton Internet Security. When the send and receive is in progress I receive a Program Control message (low risk) - OUTLOOK.EXE is attempting to connect to a DNS server.
When it says that, you allow it, correct?

If you do allow it, and it still doesn't work, try completely turning off your firewall and seeing if your email works again.

Samster

Thanks for the replies. I tried re-booting the machine in the first instance and it's now working. I'll keep an eye on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online