1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft outlook

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 24giovanni, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24giovanni

24giovanni Banned Thread Starter

Hi,

I use MS outlook 2000 on a windows 98 SE machine. An issue I am having is I receive a mail notification in my system tray even though MS Outlook isn't open. I have the product set up to check for new mail every minute but I believe only occurs when it is open.

When I do open/start MS outlook and open up all new mail, the notification in the system tray remains there. Even when I close outlook it is still there. The only way to remove it is to reboot.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and what I need to do to prevent it from happening? Your help is appreciative.

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

There is a setting for this in options. I will check where it is for you but I have Outlook XP so it might not be in the same exact spot. Hopefully if someone else with 2000 knows where it is they will post too ;)

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Try this:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. Click E-mail Options.
    3. Press ALT+N

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice