1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Coach_Eroc, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Coach_Eroc

Coach_Eroc Thread Starter

I would like to know how to set the emails to pick up all my email on my mail server not just the new ones. Example. If i hit send and recieve on Outlook express it sends the mail to there but I cant read it on my Microsoft Outlook if I hit send and recieve after. Also I deleted some emails while Offline. I was wondering If i can get the microsoft Outlook to recieve all the emails on my mail server not just the New Ones ( I need to get an old email off the server)

2. paublo

paublo

Example. If i hit send and recieve on Outlook express it sends the mail to there but I cant read it on my Microsoft Outlook if I hit send and recieve after.

HUH??

3. Coach_Eroc

Coach_Eroc Thread Starter

LOL ok I go into Outlook Express and recieve an email say its from [email protected] Then say I go to Microsoft Outlook and hit send and recieve. It never shows I got that email from [email protected] that make more sense?

4. paublo

paublo

just use one or the other

Outlook is just an upgraded Express

Yes No????????

Any one

5. Fuzzy Gnome

Fuzzy Gnome

In Outlook Express 6 there's an option to save the messages on the server. It's under Tools > Accounts; Mail tab; Properties button; Advanced tab.
    Outlook 2000 has a similar setting in a similar place. If you don't check those boxes, each program deletes the message from the server once it's been read and the other program can't find it.
    To make sure the server doesn't fill up with read messages, you can keep one of your email programs set to delete the messages, or set them to be deleted X days after you read them.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice