Microsoft Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Coach_Eroc

I would like to know how to set the emails to pick up all my email on my mail server not just the new ones. Example. If i hit send and recieve on Outlook express it sends the mail to there but I cant read it on my Microsoft Outlook if I hit send and recieve after. Also I deleted some emails while Offline. I was wondering If i can get the microsoft Outlook to recieve all the emails on my mail server not just the New Ones ( I need to get an old email off the server)

Example. If i hit send and recieve on Outlook express it sends the mail to there but I cant read it on my Microsoft Outlook if I hit send and recieve after.

HUH??

just use one or the other

Outlook is just an upgraded Express

Yes No????????

Any one

In Outlook Express 6 there's an option to save the messages on the server. It's under Tools > Accounts; Mail tab; Properties button; Advanced tab.
Outlook 2000 has a similar setting in a similar place. If you don't check those boxes, each program deletes the message from the server once it's been read and the other program can't find it.
To make sure the server doesn't fill up with read messages, you can keep one of your email programs set to delete the messages, or set them to be deleted X days after you read them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online