1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Paint Died

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Farmer35, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmer35

Farmer35 Thread Starter

Recently I lost Microsoft Paint. When I click on the icon, I get this message: "MSPaint.EXE has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An Error Log is being created. I have restarted the computer. This has not helped. I have reinstalled Windows 2000 (no luck). I even reinstalled all the components of MS Office, in case there was something there. (No Luck). What do I need to do to restore this program? And by the way, does anyone know what caused it to disappear?

2. Krall

Krall

Try re-installing just MS Paint.
    Click start,settings,control panel,add/remove programs.
    When the add/remove programs box opens, look on the left side and click where it says Add/Remove Windows components.
    Will open a new window. Look for paint listed (you may need to expand some of the catagories with the plus signs or highlight a catagory and click details button. Im not too sure if there are plus signs cause im not at a win2k machine right now)
    Once you find paint , If it is checked, un-check it and click next to remove it. Then repeat these steps till you find it again and the put check mark back for paint and click next to re-install. If it was un-checked to begin with, just check it and click next to install it.

PS You will need your windows CD

3. SPC J.W.

SPC J.W.

I just came across your lost MSpaint message, I think the solution will work just fine. I just wanted to tell you about a free paint program you can download online.
    It's called Pixia. Just seach for it on your search bar. It's a lot more fun than MSpaint. Have fun. J.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice