1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Microsoft Photos App not "seeing" my iphone

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by dDAPPete, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dDAPPete

dDAPPete Thread Starter

Hi.
    I used to be able to plug my phone into a USB hub and the Microsoft Photos app would open, "see" my phone and scan for any new photos I wanted to import. The app doesn't see the phone now. In "Devices and Drives" my phone is visible and I can right-click on the phone icon and import pictures; but I don't want to import all of them or spend a bunch of time picking and choosing. I like importing only the "new" ones. Things I've tried:
    1. Different USB ports and
    2. Device manager sees it and have an updated driver for the Apple Mobile device
    3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Photos
    4. Different USB phone cable.
    5. Reinstalled iTunes
    I can ultimately live with it the way it is but I really like the auto feature (seemed to be better in Win 7).
    Can always try a different app or do a clean install of Win 10 but not yet....

Thoughts?
    pete

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7935 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (562 GB Free); E: 931 GB (368 GB Free); H: 3726 GB (3385 GB Free); J: 3726 GB (2574 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gateway, SX2311
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Uninstall Norton and see. Third party anti-virus usually causes problems .

3. dDAPPete

dDAPPete Thread Starter

Interesting..................
    Thanks lunarlander:
    I turned off the Norton firewall and tested it and it seemed to work just fine (auto-detected, listed only new pics, imported) and when I turned firewall back on it still worked with fresh pics.......so, we'll see if this lasts.
    I've used Norton for many, many years but often wonder if Windows Defender is similarly good at antivirus protection.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Windows Defender is tested by independent testing companies and found to be among the best nowadays. While 3rd party AVs have to play catch up every time Windows 10 updates every half a year to stay compatible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice