Microsoft Picture it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

papat

Trying to reinstall Micro Picture It from a Microsoft Works Suite cd that came with my system a few years ago,but am running into this screen."the installation source for this product is not available.Verify that the source exists and thatyou can access it." Thanks Papat1

You did nt say which operating system you have there,,if you have windows Millenium Edition or Windows XP you need to be sure you have a working System restore point before you start. You to this by going to Start....programs......accessories.....System Tools,,,,System Restore. Choose to restore your computer to an earlier state. Choose a Bold Date and click next...let the computer run through the restore and let it restart. After the restart it will state if it was restored sucessfully or not. If not then do not continue further,, exit out and get here to post the situation. If sucessful then please continue by clicking the link at the bottom of this post...Its a microsoft website with information that I believe will solve your problem. Read it well and click the links at that site...If you have doubts or questions please state the question as clealy as possible and any information you think may will help us help you. Good luck,,,,Click below. :eek:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325084

papat

I should have mentioned I'm using 98se,sorry about that.I have Go Back installed,but having not used MPI for a loong time,didn't want to go that route.Thanks Papat1

Ok thanks,,,try the instructions at the microsoft site..it would be nice to know if it worked for you so we may pass the info on to persons in the future...:)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Papat:

You can buy Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10 from the SoftwareOutlet site for $10.00 plus shipping. It comes on disk #2 from Microsoft Works Suite 2005. You can read about and purchase it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

papat

I have the Works Suite 2000 with MPI on disc 2, and have had no problem with it in the past with the current system I have now.So,can't quite understand why I'm having trouble reinstalling it.Thanks Papat

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I don't know either. I just thought you might like to have the newest version.

Anyway, check out the site. I've purchased a few programs from there in the past couple of years and usually receive them within a week or less.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

papat

D\l a MPI version(7.0),think that might be an older version but not sure,but it works okay.Why I couldn't install my version from my Works suite I don't have a clue,but,this version works.Thanks for your input. Happy New Year Papat

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Yep. It's definitely an older version. Version 10 has been out for about a year.

At least you got version 7 installed and working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online