1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft publisher

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Barbara K, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Barbara K

Barbara K Thread Starter

I am running windows 98 with microsoft publisher 98 and tried to install publisher 2000 on my computer. Now everytime I go into publisher and try and bring up some of the programs I created it states that I have low memory and need to close all applications before opening the files. I don't understand what is happenning. I tried defraging and scanning my hard drive and I even disabled the virus scan as I thought that maybe was the problem. No avail. Please help as I am a director of education and all my programs I developed are in there. I backed the files up with the zip drive but I don't know if I can open them on another computer. please help me Thanks in advance.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

hi... do you have ad-aware for spyware.... sounds like you need to run it & see whats running in the background... eating up your resources

Can you show me what you have in your startup files?... I can help you regain some resources by eliminating unneeded startup items.

you can do this by going to start/run.. type in msinfo32 & click ok
    then click the + beside Software Envirement
    then click startup below that
    then go to Edit & click select all...
    then click edit again & copy...
    come back in here & paste it for me to see

3. Barbara K

Barbara K Thread Starter

Thank you for your advice. I will do that when I go into work. I send the info on my computer at home and when I go into work I will log on from there and continue with your request. Somebody mentioned that I uninstall my norton virus as it is no good. Do you think that might have something to do with the memory being hogged up.?.

4. Whinyguy

Whinyguy

As SavvyLady has requested, if we can see what programs you have as part of your startup configuration we can tell you which programs don't need to be loaded into RAM on startup.

Once you let us know that information you can go to Start/Run, type Msconfig and in the Startup tab UNcheck certain programs which are taking up memory that are not needed.

5. Barbara K

Barbara K Thread Starter

This site was down for a while and I had to get this up and running so I reinstalled Microsoft office 2000 that I had at home and it opens all the files now except it gives me this message about embedded fonts that are not available. I just ok it and I am off and running. I just had 3 files which I could not open. It said that it could not open an older version of Publisher. I downloaded the files onto a zip drive tape and took it up to the office and put it on Windows XP and saved it as Microsoft Publisher 2000. That seemed to work. Thanks for all your help
    Barb

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice