1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft related will not load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Zonia1, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zonia1

Zonia1 Thread Starter

It would be wonderful if someone can help me out on a small dilemma.
    At this current moment I cannot open microsoft sites,eg hotmail, facebook, msn messenger. I cannot download from the microsoft site.
    The browser I am using is Mozilla and the computer is running on XP professional. I am not having issues with any other sites.
    It would be wonderful if someone can help me please.

Regards
    Zonia1

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

MS has their site set up so that you have to use IE in order to download from their (nice, huh?)
    I don't know about hotmail (although I wouldn't be surprised) for MS uses Activex a lot on their sites, and various other browsers don't always care for it. You might check the security settings on your browser also.
    As for MSN Messenger, that doesn't make sense, but, since I don't use it, I can't help there.

3. Zonia1

Zonia1 Thread Starter

Thank you
    I have looked at my security settings and to be honest I am not sure what I am suppose to be looking at.

Cheers
    Zonia

4. PCcruncher

PCcruncher

I cannot access Hotmail either :(

When I try to connect I get:

Secure Connection Failed

login.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 07/20/2009 04:59 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

I think we may have to wait until they update the certificate :mad::cool:

Edit: If they keep this up, I may switch permanently to Gmail.

5. PCcruncher

PCcruncher

I currently can get to Microsoft.com & facebook But Hotmail is still unavailable.

Hope they fix it soon! :cool:

6. Zonia1

Zonia1 Thread Starter

PCruncher, I am on my childrens PC and there bits and pieces are working fine, except their operating system is Vista.
    This is fustrating...... why cant it be easy, Bill Gates must love the positive figures in his bank account.

Cheers
    Kim

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice